 Star Wars / 10306
Re: 7106, 7126, 7166
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:01:12 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Brian Stuhan writes:
Am I the only one here who LIKES the AT-ST?  I mean it's not perfect, but
for $10 it's a great set (and if it were much more, even as a better set, I
probably wouldn't have bought it).  I'm noticing less and less that TLC
produces that I like, and so now I'm pretty much buying "good value" sets,
sets that I think are a lot for the money, as there are few that I *really*
like.  I'm considering getting the other 2 smaller SW sets for 2001
depending on what I get for Christmas (most likely the AAT or the MTT; for
the former I'd get the carrier and for the latter I'd get the Droid Escape)

Brian

I love it.  I'm having AT-ST, AT-ST, AT-ST, AT-ST, AT-ST, AT-ST, spam and
AT-ST for lunch.  If LEGO can't give us the goods in the "way-over priced"
range of old, at least they are making a bunch of these "decent as a main
model but really good for parts" sets.  I have for the last two years found
myself buying fewer large sets, more under $10 sets in multiples and basic
buckets/tubs.  I end up spending the same amount, but I'm more satisfied to
have more of the parts per buck.  Now if only I could convince TLC to make
sub-$10 Star Wars play scene sets with 3 to 4 minifigures a piece like the
Studio series...
Dream on,
Aaron (What's yer offer!?)