 Star Wars / 10325
Re: 7106, 7126, 7166
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:04:35 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Johnston writes:

Anyway, I think a lot of the frustration comes from the knowledge that TLC
can (and has) done better, especially in the Star Wars line - and that it
would be *so simple* to make the set better...but, they probably needed
the set to come in at the $10 price point, so they were limited in what
they could do.  For the set size that they made it, I think the AT-ST is
the best it could be expected to be, and it does have great parts, and I
probably will buy more.

I doubt that a better AT-ST could have been accomplished at the $10 price
point...the thing is...it shouldn't have been done at the $10 price point - it's
just too complex to be done well with such frugality.  The AT-ST simply requires
a higher price point - akin to the Snowspeeder.  The Snowspeeder was marvelously
done - a real masterpiece - small, compact, quite accurate, and very evocative
of the "real" thing; but it would not have been so brilliantly done had it been
requrired to meet a $10 price point.  I don't really know what set should have
been done at the price point instead of the AT-ST (the Bespin Cloud Car,
perhaps), but it really should not have been the AT-ST.  Thus said, I'm still
looking forward to getting it for its quite good selection of parts.

james