 Star Wars / 10383
Re: 7106, 7126, 7166
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 15:17:59 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John D. Forinash writes:
In article <G5y1H0.E1o@lugnet.com>, Chris Gordon <chrisg@island.net> wrote:
I dunno, the real model for the movies wasn't 8 km long :-)
It was probably around 2 metres :-)

A little larger, but not a whole lot. I saw one of the models at the
National Air and Space Museum in DC a couple years back.

Unless the exhibit changed from when I was there, they didn't have the Super
Star Destroyer at the "Magic of Myth" exhibit in DC.  They did have one of the
Star Destroyer models, however.

At the "Art of Star Wars" exhibit at Yerba Buena Gardens in San Fransisco,
however, they did have the Super Star Destroyer model on display.  I can't
remember the exact dimensions off the top of my head, but if I can dig up the
exhibit catalogue I'll post it.  If memory serves, it was 6 or 7 feet long.

As an interesting side note, the original storyboards for TESB called for only
a single establishing shot of the Executor.  When they model was finished,
however, it got more screen time due to it's extreme impressiveness.

eric