 Star Wars / 10297
Re: 7106, 7126, 7166
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:57:53 GMT

Bryan Hodges at bhodges@SPAMBLOCKcos.wantweb.net wrote:

First off I wanted to say that I now have the Imperial Shuttle.  I like the
set, though I was a bit disappointed at first.  I *HATE* the spears that
Lego tried to pass off as force pikes for the Royal Guards, so I made my
own... it's basically a lightsaber hilt with a minifig screwdriver stuck in
one end.  If you're having trouble visualizing it I rendered it and stuck a
picture on Brickshelf:

The ones I have currently use chrome lightsaber hilts, although I'll
probably change them to gray once I get an AT-ST or two.

Ah, very nice. I was considering doing this myself. I think it would be good
with the gray "lightsaber blade"/rod part added to the bottom so it's more
pike-ish.

My other trouble with the Shuttle was it's size... it's WAY to small IMO.
It's probably because I put so much time and research into my MOC that I'm a
bit jaded.  It could also be the fact that I searched for the thing every
day for two weeks... but I have to remember my own words... it's Lego, it's
a toy for kids, and if I don't like it I can rebuild it.  I think it's a
pretty good set overall though, and the design really isn't that bad.

True, but I despise the off-color bricks in it. Bleah, bleah, bleah.

<snip>

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego Creations