 Star Wars / 10293
10292  |  10294
Subject:
7106, 7126, 7166
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:48:33 GMT

First off I wanted to say that I now have the Imperial Shuttle.  I like the
set, though I was a bit disappointed at first.  I *HATE* the spears that
Lego tried to pass off as force pikes for the Royal Guards, so I made my
own... it's basically a lightsaber hilt with a minifig screwdriver stuck in
one end.  If you're having trouble visualizing it I rendered it and stuck a
picture on Brickshelf:

The ones I have currently use chrome lightsaber hilts, although I'll
probably change them to gray once I get an AT-ST or two.

My other trouble with the Shuttle was it's size... it's WAY to small IMO.
It's probably because I put so much time and research into my MOC that I'm a
bit jaded.  It could also be the fact that I searched for the thing every
day for two weeks... but I have to remember my own words... it's Lego, it's
a toy for kids, and if I don't like it I can rebuild it.  I think it's a
pretty good set overall though, and the design really isn't that bad.

I also got the Droid Escape and the Battle Droid Carrier.  The Droid Escape
was cool IMO, especially for the price.  I really don't understand the
Battle Droid Carrier, except that it's a cheap way to build a LARGE army of
battle droids.  It would be cool if Lego had made it so it would fit inside
the large open area in the front of the MTT...

So now I've seen every new set with the exception of the AT-ST, and I've
purchased every set with the exception of the AT-ST and Watto's Junkyard.
I'll get the AT-ST when I see it, and I'll get Watto's Junkyard (and several
more TIE fighters) after the Holidays.

-Bryan
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=hobartrus