 Space / 7393
Re: Creative Processes (was Re: Success Ratio)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:37:39 GMT

Paul Hartzog wrote:
taking this thread in a new direction,
how do you all see yourselves and your creative
processes?

I usually get an "IDEA!" (Always complete with the exclamation point)
and then start to work around it. This idea can be totally random, or
about a specific piece I want to use in a specific way (just to see if I
can) and then moves on from there. I've had entire buildings develop
from a single 2x1 plate that I wanted to use in this certain way. Weird,
I know.

Recently I've been much more of the sit and plan (usually while in
Auditing or Corporate Tax class) because of time/space constraints. Some
of the paper MOCs I have developed right now, if ever executed, will be
fairly cool once completed. They've all got little things that popped
into my head and then grew and grew to whatever they have become.

Matt