 Space / 6794
Re: New MOC: Planetary Exploration Vehicle "Odyssey"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 18:31:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Scott Sanburn writes:

This is simply awesome. As other people said before, the way
it can be a spaceship / sub / and surface explorer is very
impressive. There are enough believable changes to it to
make it that way.

The interior designs are top notch, especially the sleeping
area, the kitchen, and the bathroom arrangments.

The outdoor touches, such as the air tanks, the air intake,
etc. do wonders for it.

Thanks!

The only question I would have is that this vehicle, can the
crew change it by themselves, or do they need to be in a
base, and how does the other parts get stored? That is more
of a practical question than a LEGO question.

Good question. I envision that Odyssey travels with some kind of support
vessel - basically a space freighter that carries extra modules and
equipment for changing them out. I haven't built that one, and probably
won't - I have a bunch of other projects I'd like to tackle first.

Very good job, I wanted to build a similar one out of 5542
or 5561 parts, this gave me a good starting point for mine.
Now if I can get the vehicle to steer, heh heh.

By all means build one! I had (very briefly) toyed with the idea of having
steering and/or suspension on this model, but that would have been way too
complicated for me - but maybe you could make something work.