 Space / 6775
Re: New MOC: Planetary Exploration Vehicle "Odyssey"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 06:51:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hanson writes:
Hi everybody -

I've just uploaded a bunch of pictures to brickshelf:

The Odyssey is an exploration vehicle that can be configured as a spaceship, a
rover, or a submarine, depending on what the mission is.

It's got a fully detailed interior (I'm expecially happy with the way the
interior turned out) with all the amenities for a crew of four.

Lawrence Wilkes reminded us of his Land Carrier MOC about a week ago - I have to
say that his excellent model was a big influence on mine.

LMKWYT!

Thanks - Paul

Excellent, Paul!

I have to say that I'm rather envious of your layout - it gets everything in
that one would need, but is spacious and gives playability. It looks like
even my fat fingers could reach in there with little effort. :) I'm finding
my creations are a tad on the cramped side, hehe.

The antenna cluster for the space craft variant is really nice and I really
like airlock. It looks like it uses the ramp that is part of the exterior as
the 'outer' door... If so, that's a great idea since it looks like you use
that space for your little rover to be stored as well.

How do the different modules attach? Technic pins? It looks like you've used
some magnets, too?

Great work!

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm