 Space / 6771
RE: New MOC: Planetary Exploration Vehicle "Odyssey"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 05:08:14 GMT

Paul Hanson writes:
The Odyssey is an exploration vehicle that can be configured as a
spaceship, a rover, or a submarine, depending on what the mission is.

Awesome job!  This is the best box-based exploratory vehicle I have seen.
The modularity is great, although the submarine looks like it might have a
little trouble getting through water :)  I like the wheeled version a lot.
The asymmetrical details on the sides of the model are the perfect touch to
break up the flat sides.  The interior detail is excellent too...the round
table, the luxurious bunks, etc.  And how can you beat astrounauts taking
snapshots of tentacle-headed aliens? :)  Speaking of snapshots, the
photography is great too, especially considering it looks like your camera
is limited to 640x480?
Keep up the good work!
(Maybe I really do have to try a large Space model soon...but there's so
much competition! :)  Heck, people are even building cars at the same
outrageous scales that I use!)
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu