 Space / 6788
Re: New MOC: Planetary Exploration Vehicle "Odyssey"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 17:57:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:

Excellent, Paul!

Thanks!

It looks like it uses the ramp that is part of the exterior as
the 'outer' door... If so, that's a great idea since it looks like you use
that space for your little rover to be stored as well.

Yep, that's how it works. The ramp serves as the outer door of the airlock,
and the rover fits (barely) inside.

How do the different modules attach? Technic pins? It looks like you've used
some magnets, too?

Most of the modules attach using technic pins. The landing gear slide up
into the bottom of the pod-things that attach to the sides, and are held in
place with magnets. The whole arrangement is quite sturdy and supports the
weight of the vehicle easily.