 Space / 6016
Re: Space World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:47:02 GMT

Kirby Warden wrote in message ...

Personally I'm a die-hard sci-fi fan.  If I had the money and
oppurtunity I would have a library of Japanimation vids (starblazers,
robotech...)

Isn't there a store which imports this stuff and rents videocassettes of it?
Here in Melbourne, Australia there are several stores which do this. We have
rented literally tons of stuff from our local store which gets quite recent
(as in Japanese TV recent!) stuff in. Let's see, what anime (apart from
Bebop which was already mentioned) have got some interesting reference
spacecraft in it:

Star Blazers (of course! lots of spacecraft in this)
Sol Bianca (old and new versions, some very cool hi-techy ships)
Outlaw Star (some really weird ships to look out for, like pirate ships with
huge "Grappler" arms)
Battlecruiser(?) Nadesico (a few nicely ripped off Gundam clones in here)
Gall Force (some nice fighter/starship designs in earlier episodes)

Reference images and even art from all these shows can usually be found on
Japanese fan websites, although it might take a fair bit of searching to
find them. It might be worth asking in .loc.jp, I'm sure there are a few
Japanese AFOLs there who read English who might know where to look.

(anybody else besides me ever watch Blake's Seven and liked it?).

Definitely! Avon is my second favourite sci-fi character ever!

"Suddenly I'm hip-deep in heroes..."
"Do you want the applause now, or can it wait?"
"You know what they say... no good deed goes unpunished."
"-...I said shut up. I apologise for not realising you are _deaf_."

Well, maybe they're funnier the way Avon said them... ;-)

Being that Space World is an opurtunity to a part of the lego sci-fi
community, I'm all for it.

I'm all for it, as long as people play nicely pseudo-science-wise, and don't
get all up in arms about what is inconsistent with what.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/