 Space / 6005
Re: Space World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 00:12:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:

All Righty then,

For all newbies: Space world is mainly going to be a site that collects
links to Space Lego sites all over the 'net. We have discussed various
sections of the site dealing with characters people have created, as well as
a showcase of people's MOCs

As of right now, I have only received one donation for $25. I don't really
have a minimum amount that I require from people. The target amount is $150,
mainly because hosting for a year costs about $100, plus the necessary money
for getting a domain name and various and sundry setup fees the provider
charges (I was going to use Pair.com)

So as it stands right now,  I have received $25 from Trevor, and I'll pitch
in $25 of my own. That's $50.

We're a third of the way there.

    At the time of the original posting about Space World, I hadn't yet
become a member of Lugnet, but I was reading the posts and recall that there
was some excitment from several sources.  I think I was able to forget about
Space World because Mark didn't post any updates.  I think he didn't post
updates because all those excited people fell silent and failed to help push
the idea.
     I for one am going to give a contribution.  It'll probably be a couple
of weeks.  Car ins. needs to be renewd this month and currently my wife is
out of work (she held a seasonal position over the holidays and now that the
holidays are over...).  I'll send the contribution via Paypal (I remember
that Mark was excepting money this way).
     Personally I'm a die-hard sci-fi fan.  If I had the money and
oppurtunity I would have a library of Japanimation vids (starblazers,
robotech...) and the entire runs of Battlestar Galactica (yes, even the
shobby final seasons and the 1980 movie) and classic Star Trek (I would pic
and choose from TNG and DS9).  And also Doctor Who and Blake's Seven
(anybody else besides me ever watch Blake's Seven and liked it?).
     Being that Space World is an opurtunity to a part of the lego sci-fi
community, I'm all for it.
~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin