 Space / 39525
Re: Could we all let it alone? (Was Re: Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:45:35 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Soren Roberts wrote:
   I’m going to stick this in at the beginning of the mess, because I’m not sure where to stick it, and because quite frankly I doubt anyone will read it.

Rob and Co:

I can appreciate wanting to get Eric to quit lugnet in a huff, I really can. I’m sick of his self-important masturbatory posting habits too. If you had any chance of actually driving him away for more than a couple days, I’d be right there with you, helping.

But he’s built a significant part of his ego up around being here and posting here, and I suspect he’s completely incapable of leaving for any meaningful length of time. The attention probably just feeds him. All this gets us is more noise posts, and they aren’t even amusing to read anymore. Kindly shut the fuck up, all of you.

Eric:

Are you really aware of what you post anymore? A lot of it is pretty arrogant, and the rest I’m not sure about, because it’s mostly incomprehensible if not outright illucid crack-ramble. If you’re wondering why so few people talk to you anymore, this is why.

I’d really like to see you cool off a bit, go back to the guy you used to be, circa 2003. You used to be a really mellow guy, cool, approachable, easy to talk to. What happened? When did you become so damn hard to deal with?

I’m probably going to regret posting this in the morning (hell, I’m regretting it now), but I think someone had to say it. Maybe it’ll even change something. This whole mess has gone way too far, and I’d like to be able to readlugnet without having to skip-filter every damn group people feel like starting something in.

Soren

You and Eric are both some of the most talented builders I’ve seen on LUGNET, but there is a fundamental difference between you.

I’ve never met Eric, but I have known him long enough online to know that he truly, truly, truly loves LEGO and wishes to share that joy with others. His postings sometimes are difficult to read, but that is only because he has so much passion for this hobby. I sometimes wish I felt the same kind of excitement he does for LEGO. Thankfully, I can always rely on Eric to be online posting and inspiring me and others.

And secondly, as a result of this enthusiasm for LEGO, Eric has helped this community grow. I mean, just go over to his BS account and look at all the newspaper articles about him, or search him up online. He’s a celebrity! Not to mention all the events Eric has participated, and his curatorship of the .build.mecha newsgroup.

Finally, even if you hate his postings, do you not agree that it’s good that at least someone still cares and believes in this place known as “LUGNET”. Eric hasn’t ditched LUGNET, unlike you and countless other elitists, who’ve gone over to other boards where profanity-laden, malicious posts are not just allowed, but encouraged.

So Soren, until you do as much as Eric has done for the community, YOU can kindly shut up.

And stop cussing. You have one heck of a pottymouth, and have in the past verbally abused me (for no apparent reason) via e-mail. If anyone has a problem, it’s you. Either be civil on LUGNET, or retire to wherever you hang out nowadays.

Oh, and Eric... Keep on truckin’ brother! ;-D

Mladen Pejic