 Space / 39497
Re: Could we all let it alone? (Was Re: Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 04:12:50 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Soren Roberts wrote:
I'm going to stick this in at the beginning of the mess, because I'm not sure
where to stick it, and because quite frankly I doubt anyone will read it.

Rob and Co:

I can appreciate wanting to get Eric to quit lugnet in a huff, I really can. I'm
sick of his self-important masturbatory posting habits too. If you had any
chance of actually driving him away for more than a couple days, I'd be right
there with you, helping.

Bro, you don't even post to just say hi to anyone. So posting twice in a month
for you is arrousal at it's best. Who's talking.

Aside from that, you should know, as a newsgroup Curator, in .mecha I try to
help keep a flow going. Aside from my ZRX1 project, of which I promised two of
my partners I would promote. The shows I do, I get paid for. The last one I
posted, I walked away with $500. If I am proud of that and share it here I do it
to raise the work of Lego Fans everywhere. For everyone who has huffed their own
Lego to a show and broke a sweat. Doing it because they love it.

If you only knew the joy of the smiles I have seen. The memories I have.
Curse me for sharring it, for it is the experience I share, not how you have
characterized it. I beg to differ. I try to share for the future my own
contribution to those few of us who do what we do.

But he's built a significant part of his ego up around being here and posting
here, and I suspect he's completely incapable of leaving for any meaningful
length of time. The attention probably just feeds him. All this gets us is more
noise posts, and they aren't even amusing to read anymore. Kindly shut the fuck
up, all of you.

Dude, why are you trying to figure me out? We havn't talked since I presented
you with an award, ingrate.

Eric:

Are you really aware of what you post anymore? A lot of it is pretty arrogant,
and the rest I'm not sure about, because it's mostly incomprehensible if not
outright illucid crack-ramble. If you're wondering why so few people talk to you
anymore, this is why.

Hold the train. Shall I write that email to Suz now?
You have no room in your heart for my words that is why.

If I can share something deeply personal with you, without you trying to twist
it. I hold on because it is my greatest hope that I can someday fall back in to
the graces of the friends I never had in the first place.

Issues surrounding SciBrick, the old days of .mecha with the side bar, other
spats arising from those issues are still in play today.

Fact is I can't move past them. People won't let me, people won't let
themselves. Then there are the fence sitters who beleive what they see and hear,
and that is where I caught a big fit hearing it in back rooms.

Whatever, more importantly is I am willing to move on and patch up. Some people
just really don't care so they turn away.

I'm still waiting to make friends with the people I have had spats with.
Tough to do it in a box with a label already written.

I'd really like to see you cool off a bit, go back to the guy you used to be,
circa 2003. You used to be a really mellow guy, cool, approachable, easy to talk
to. What happened? When did you become so damn hard to deal with?

If you want to know you may ask. I'll only talk about it if the concerned
parties agree to come to the table and talk constructively to put matters in the
past, in the past.

I'm willing to talk and address any and all issues people have with me.
So long as I am not left to flounder mercilessly from attacks without direction.

I'm probably going to regret posting this in the morning (hell, I'm regretting
it now), but I think someone had to say it. Maybe it'll even change something.
This whole mess has gone way too far, and I'd like to be able to readlugnet
without having to skip-filter every damn group people feel like starting
something in.

Soren

Meeeee 3.

But really, what do you people know about a guy who builds Lego from Jersey
City?

Flip the coin, how is it that when I post something about sorting a MOC, I end
up having to defend myself against 6 people. Then the same thing happens again
Soren, you give me a hard time for getting a hard time and giving a hard time in
return. Hey, now that's crack ramble.

;)

Really!

Your another person that unfortunetly only comes out to hassle me.

If you were honest in your concern, you would congratulate me on my hard work,
not troll me.

Then again, if people really want to help, I am willing to talk, not fight.
I can be direct, even mad, but not malicious. I don't have to go to that extent
for building Lego.

Member 1051