 Space / 38793
Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 23:26:53 GMT

Jason J Railton wrote:

Another point on putting space train track on the edge of modules - it becomes
vitally important that you follow a strict six-wide rule on your trains.  i.e.
not even half a plate of overhang is allowed for ladders or handles.  The trains
must be able to squeeze through a six-wide gap.  That will let them pass safely
around a layout where there may be solid walls right up against the track.

It's preferable to do short two-axle trucks too.  Longer bogey trucks may be
awkward.  That's a bit limiting though, so you'd probably just have to be
careful which modules you lay the track around.

Jason R

Aside from all the other great ideas you've brought up, I should mention
that I'm all for track being just about anywhere on a module. Track
running on the edge of a module is just fine as far as I'm concerned.

The Moonbase page will reflect this change with an expanded track
section real soon.

--
[ j o n :: p a l m e r ]
lego weblog | creations