 Space / 38782
Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 09:56:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Jason J. Railton wrote:
   This is my contribution to Moonbase modules - the Podule. In particular, a spherical stellar cartography planetarium podule.

End Unit

The idea is a simple one - a 16x16 mini-module with attachable corridors. It can be reconfigured to give any configuration of Moonbase module; an end, a corner or a straight-through. With extra corridors it can be a T-junction or a crossroads.

Gallery here.

Looks great! A bit parts intensive for a ‘filler’ module, but the interesting design really makes up for it. I really like the hexagonal corridors. Imagine how cool this would look in a Classic Space or Futuron color scheme!
--Bram

Ahem I thought white-on-grey was Classic Space? ;)

Okay, I know what you mean. A blue one would look cool, particularly if someone could work some trans-yellow into the top.

Thanks for the complement, anyway. I think the coloured layer display for a single facet from the sphere generator is excellent. It allowed me to work on the structure of each face without having to worry about judging the curvature. I’ve wanted to do something like this for a while now.

Although I now have hardly any white 1-wide and 2-wide plates left, I didn’t have that huge a reserve to start with. I was surprised how big a sphere I could make from what I did have. This is set to a diameter of 20.1 studs (to get it to an even core size).

The corridors are a bit industrial-looking, and I need to make some in a matching colour scheme. Though if you look closely, you’ll see a Patrick Troughton-era Doctor Who being chased down one by a Dalek.

Jason Railton