 Space / 38775
  Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

This is my contribution to Moonbase modules - the Podule. In particular, a spherical stellar cartography planetarium podule. (URL) Podule>> (URL) Unit>> The idea is a simple one - a 16x16 mini-module with attachable corridors. It can be reconfigured (...) (19 years ago, 15-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

I wish I had something clever to say, but I don't. That's just awesome. This might be the fix the moonbase needs. Soren (19 years ago, 15-May-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) Looks great! A bit parts intensive for a 'filler' module, but the interesting design really makes up for it. I really like the hexagonal corridors. Imagine how cool this would look in a Classic Space or Futuron color scheme! --Bram (19 years ago, 15-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) I echo what Bram and Soren have said - this is just too freekin cool. The best thing about this is that Lowell Spheres tend to be VERY strong, which makes this thing very easy to transport. You need to make instructions! How about this, if you (...) (19 years ago, 15-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) snip (...) That's very cool. Great work! (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) (URL) Ahem> I thought white-on-grey was Classic Space? ;) Okay, I know what you mean. A blue one would look cool, particularly if someone could work some trans-yellow into the top. Thanks for the complement, anyway. I think the coloured layer (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

Awesome, Jason! Only problem is I can't decide which I like better, the Podule or those awesome corridors! Dave S. "Jason J Railton" <j.j.railton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:IGJt7K.r6E@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) (URL) Spherical Podule>> (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) snip (...) Very nice. It looks pretty cool, and seems like it'd look even cooler in a moonbase module, especially clustered together. Why limit connections to just the 4 horizontal directions? I see a 3 dimensional array of spheres as (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) I think he means that the extra bits attached to the corridor assembly should not extend more than one plate below the corridor floor in order to keep the clearance for stuff passing underneath. --Bram (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) It was four directions so that however you put it together, it would make something compliant with the overall module standard. In the UK we're still using the 'Classic Moonbase' ;) standard, i.e. we haven't jacked ours up the extra bricks, (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) Another point on putting space train track on the edge of modules - it becomes vitally important that you follow a strict six-wide rule on your trains. i.e. not even half a plate of overhang is allowed for ladders or handles. The trains must (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) I see someone was replying at the same time as me! I forgot to add that I think if you have one fixed permanent corridor, it should be allowed to be supported from below however you want; this to allow a little more creative freedom. The (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) Flibbity Floo. Any "system" that has such heavy restrictions on building creativity sucks and should be abandoned. I mean really. Why bother with incorporating "trains" at all? JOHN (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

Oh Man! That is so awesome! Great write up too. The shape and look of the podule AND the construction rocks. Wow, thanks for sharring that is soooo cool. e (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) Aside from all the other great ideas you've brought up, I should mention that I'm all for track being just about anywhere on a module. Track running on the edge of a module is just fine as far as I'm concerned. The Moonbase page will reflect (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) Thanks. I think it'd be a lot easier to co-ordinate if you can add the track after the modules come together. Co-ordinating a moonbase with pre-set track layouts on each module looks like a right nightmare. By going along the edges, most (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

(...) It's not that hard to do you know, so long as you've grown out of (URL) Duplo>! Only kidding. You don't have to do any of that. It's just if you want to make big wide diesel-guzzling stacked intermodal space trains they'd be limited to the (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Hexagonal Podule Corridor DAT Instructions (Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule)

(...) Lenny - (URL) here's the DAT file> for the corridors. The rest may take a little more time, but I'll keep you posted. Jason Railton (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Hexagonal Podule Corridor DAT Instructions (Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule)

(...) Thanks! All you have to do for the sphere is the bottom/top, and then one smooth side and one corridor side to the sphere - I think that would let me fill in the rest. -Lenny (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule

dude. Space Balls! These are very cool : ) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Hexagonal Podule Corridor DAT Instructions (Re: Lambrecht-Lowell Stellar Cartography Podule)

(...) That's not quite how it works - the sphere is made up of a top and bottom, then two pairs of different shaped sides. One shape is square, the other has overlapping ends. All four sides have rectangular openings and corridor attachment points. (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)