 Space / 37186
Re: MOC: Shuriken
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 04:50:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:

I really like these, and I support your approach of building several; variations on a theme can lead to interesting solutions due to part (in)availabilty. While I like the insectesque(1) quality of the red and yellow ones, I do gravitate towards the sand blue. The graphics on those printed pieces line up well and lend an air of sophistication to the form. This is a fine example of using printed pieces to advantage.

The sand blue is my favorite too, and I think in part it is because of the printed pieces, though I didn’t realize that until you pointed it out.

   Perhaps a few more colour schemes? Less black, more dark grey with the red? Mere suggestions...

If I can scrape together the parts, I may try one with either green or sand green, using either white or light gray for the base color.

   As for the guns, how about these? They would give more weight to the business end.

Peace and why am I suggesting guns?,

Dunno, but thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that part as a direct transplant, and it didn’t work for me, but it’s one of the parts I’ll be trying as part of a more complete rebuild.

   Professor Whateverly

(1) Sometimes I can’t help cromulating (there I go again), but ‘insectoid’ would be misconstrued.

Your cromulence embiggens me. And yeah, one could misconstrue “insectoid”, but I have a lot of those sets, so who knows if one of those dark gray slopes originated from an Insectoid set?

P.s. As for the orange and white, why do I feel like having a creamsicle?

Hah! As a kid, I used to get these orange and white ice cream bars that, for some reason, were called “rainbow bars”, which I never understood because there were only two colors.