 Space / 32964
Re: NBA Space Container Madness - Let the flames begin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:24:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:
   Other than Paul Hartzog’s Mako,(1) which uses the 8 x 8 pieces, this is the first space repurposing of these that I’ve seen. PCMIIW

I’m sorry to inform you that you are wrong, and here is the correction.

I’ve seen a different approach for using the mentioned part before, and I think the design is is very interesting for this topic:

Robin Harbron’s ‘Lego CUBE’ publication date was January 2th 2003, so it predates the ‘Mako’ by about 2 months. IMHO, Robin’s MOC can serve as a modular container with an even more space-ish appearence as the ‘NBA Space Container’ design by Mike Kollross. Please start to read the funny and sometimes even hilarious (? story Robin wrote about his ‘Lego CUBE’ here: http://my.tbaytel.net/macbeth/legocube.html

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

(? Note the Space/Train theme merge, for instance.

Hello Manfred,

No apology necessary. I did ask to be corrected, as I had an inkling that I was wrong. So, correction appreciated.

That story is hilarious and well worth pointing out again for those of us who missed it. And, it’s nice to see another container option.

Thanks, Manfred,

Peace and shared knowledge,

Professor Whateverly