 Space / 32857
Re: NBA Space Container Madness - Let the flames begin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:36:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
These are very cool !  I'm not sure how I missed these. I was fiddling
with MLCAD last night and came up with something remarkably simmilar
from the outside, at least :

And 8x8x16 pannels would allow double sized containers contructed in a similar
fashion. Mike Kollross obviously has another application for the containers in
mind, but here is just some theorising what I was thinking about:

Gread thing about Robin Harbron's idea is that it doesn't apear to have a
'automatic' top or bottom, That would be a logical thing when these containers
are to be handled in a low (near zero) gravity field. One would only need to
know at which side the hatch is (marked by a printed tile or a pannel with
contrasting color) and which way it hinges. The containers could be arranged and
linked in any concievable way, for instance in square clusters of six containers
round the spine of a carrier-ship, and  as many clusters as the length of the
carrier allows. Because they have no real top or bottom, the containers can
positioned with all hatches facing outwards and being accessable.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.