 Space / 32665
Re: NBA Space Container Madness - Let the flames begin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 20:26:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mike Kollross wrote:
   I wanted to find a use for all those NBA floor sections I aquired after the latest round of clearance sales at Wally World.

Assuming the 8x8x16 container standard the NBA floor sections are perfect. They are also 1 brick and one plate thick so add walls 5 bricks high and you are good to go. The cut outs add some nice detail. I used the printed ones for the bottom and a plain one for the top.

Apart from the color they are pretty spacey looking-ish.

PLMKWYK

Mike

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer01.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer02.jpg

Ah, the juniorisation of the container standard. ;-) Sorry, I couldn’t contain myself.

Other than Paul Hartzog’s Mako,(1) which uses the 8 x 8 pieces, this is the first space repurposing of these that I’ve seen. PCMIIW (2) Apart from limiting the door options, I think these are a good design. I like the provision of a sturdy central mounting point for those irregularly-shaped pieces of ‘scientific equipment’ we’re always shipping around. That also makes a great floor drain or a couple of connection points for mysterious tubing. They also have the expendable/disposable quality of terrestrial containers. It also looks like a great way of saving precious plates for other uses.

Peace and containment,

Professor Whateverly

(1) See it there, read about it here
(2) Please correct me if I’m wrong.