 Space / 32829
Re: NBA Space Container Madness - Let the flames begin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:21:49 GMT

The only problem I encountered with the containers is the shortage of connection
points when using the NBA\Soccer 8x16 plate as the base for a container.  There
is no connection for the bottom of 1x4x5 cutout on the side.  For the 8x8
version I cheated and used a 8x8 green brick with plate "feet" added to the
bottom to mimic the look.

I suppose you could build the sides solid with the two technic bricks and
rebuild the sides if you need to make a connection.  Although this is not as
cool as having a break out section.  I played around with a brace that connects
to the technic bricks from the inside using a 2x6 plate and two 2x2 plate with
pin down.  You can see it
here:http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer08.jpg

It works well enough but the bottom still pushed in a tad.  I'm not sure what
the solution is.

Mike