 Space / 32686
Re: NBA Space Container Madness - Let the flames begin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:40:03 GMT

Nice job, Mike.  I think these are awesome !
If you don't mind, I'm going to ldraw your design and play with it a
bit. The 8x8 version of these parts will make great half-size units and
it looks like the holes in the center will let them lock together in the
vertical plane with a technic pin.  This'll make for inexpensive
containers.  according to peeron http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30489
the green ones can be had for <$.25 each.

Mike Kollross wrote:
I wanted to find a use for all those NBA floor sections I aquired after the
latest round of clearance sales at Wally World.

Assuming the 8x8x16 container standard the NBA floor sections are perfect.  They
are also 1 brick and one plate thick so add walls 5 bricks high and you are good
to go.  The cut outs add some nice detail.  I used the printed ones for the
bottom and a plain one for the top.

Apart from the color they are pretty spacey looking-ish.

PLMKWYK

Mike

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer01.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer02.jpg