 Space / 32766
Re: NBA Space Container Madness - Let the flames begin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 04:48:30 GMT

I built a second type of container using the 8x8 field plate and added two
removable ends to meet the 8x8x16 form factor as well as to make the conatiner
match the 8x8x16 in appearance.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer03.jpg

I also added a 4x5 removable panel that mates with the removable ends.  If you
remove the ends and rotate the center 90 degrees and then re-attach the ends you
have a Moonbase compatable T connection without there being holes in the sides
of the container during transport.  Neat,  but not my original intention.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer04.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer05.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer06.jpg

My thought was to attach one end to the side using plates top and bottom to form
a "L".
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer07.jpg

Or you could add the ends to other containers that have the moonbase compatable
hatch on the side:

like the container on the left
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer03.jpg

to form T and Cross connections.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer08.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Space/Container/nbacontainer09.jpg

I think the idea is pretty flexible and allows for a variety of container
connections and Moonbase forms.  Plus the parts are cheap and look
industrial/utilitarian.

PLMKWYT

Mike