 Space / 32844
Re: NBA Space Container Madness - Let the flames begin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:07:09 GMT

Snippage
   I’ve seen a different approach for using the mentioned part before, and I think the design is is very interesting for this topic:

I remember seeing this when it first came out (very cool, by the way) and when I was playing around with the NBA container idea I started with the idea of using the 8x8x16 plates as sides as well. The problem was that with the sides SNOT’d on there is no room for the technic bricks and the sides made the container either too tall or too wide (to fit the 8x8x16 “standard”).

My main motivation was to build containers using a few parts as possible that were inexpensive as possible. I have piles of the 8x8x16 fieldplate/NBA in green, tan and Sand Green. and its always fun to find new ways to use “useless” parts. That, and containers in the real world are boring and square. And these containers are certainly that and maybe a little space-ish looking.

Mike