 Space / 32537
Re: Short Haul Space Freighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:00:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:

In all seriousness, from the side this reminds me of a cartoon dog with legs waaay to small. But it’s a righteously gnarly cartoon dog with legs waaay to small!

Hehe. Yeah I can see that. Sort of Courage the Cowardly Dog-like

   Beautiful detailing and neat play features. Does the side ramp have hinges at its top, or do you pull it all the way out and then hook it back on?

Yeah it hinges, and has an extra plate inside that stops it from sliding out all the way. It’s a nice feature. I think I got the idea from Ryan. I’ve certainly seen it done somewhere recently.

   Other neat stuff:
- Incredible greebling where greebling is called for

Thanks. I still feel like my greebling is a bit erratic when I’m building it, but when I stand back it looks ok.

  1. Large expanses of smooth surfaces that make sense
  2. Halfway hidden mechanical details behind/between those smooth surfaces
  3. Lots of hoses inside the engine area
  4. Well-detailed interior, including the 918 Homemaker stove brick!

Alright - I’ll bite. Which brick’s that?

Thanks Tony. I appreciate it.

Allister