 Space / 32798
Re: Short Haul Space Freighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:49:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote:
   Hi all,

Well, as promised I’ve finally got around to finishing and photographing my latest moc.

It’s a small freighter used primarily on the Earth/Moon run.

I deliberately built this incorporating several .space no-no’s:
  • It’s boxy. I tried to make it a reasonably cool box though.
  • It’s black, although I hope you find the photographs clear enough
  • No cool new parts in clever usage. It’s all pretty basic stuff.
At least it’s got retractable landing gear, and the boy loves playing with the ramps.

For the eagle-eyed, yes Jon’s Bison was certainly an influence.

Comments and criticism are welcome. Smack, non-sequitors and tangential ramblings are purely optional.

Cheers,

Allister

Little behind in my posting, but wanted to start it off with this. I saw it a while back and really enjoyed it. Getting back to it now, I enjoy it even more. Boxy but it works goes for Volvos and this....in fact, I think it works because it’s boxy. The interior space is wonderfully used...it doesn’t come off as cavernous or ‘looking for purpose’...the cargo container frames definately go a long way in this. In short, the play value in this just rocks.

Only small criticism? The landing gear...looks like they could be a bit more substantial, but a very small point.

Great build Allister.

Cheers, -Gil