 Space / 32496
Re: Short Haul Space Freighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 17:26:17 GMT

Holy cow, this is awesome. It's like a superneat playset, complete with crew,
cargo, and loading truck! Visit exotic worlds! Trade cargo! The front end sort
of reminds me of the Omega destroyers in Babylon 5. Nice smooth sides that
sandwich the rough insides.

I love it! It's actually quite inspirational; I really dig utilitarian designs.

Although your navigational lights (red/green) are reversed. Easy way to
remember:

All the short words are the same: RED/PORT/LEFT
All the long words are the same: GREEN/STARBOARD/RIGHT

-Evil Wayne

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote:
Hi all,

Well, as promised I've finally got around to finishing and photographing my
latest moc.

It's a small freighter used primarily on the Earth/Moon run.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=77709
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/almac/Freighter/thumb/freighter0001.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

I deliberately built this incorporating several .space no-no's:

* It's boxy. I tried to make it a reasonably cool box though.
* It's black, although I hope you find the photographs clear enough
* No cool new parts in clever usage. It's all pretty basic stuff.

At least it's got retractable landing gear, and the boy loves playing with
the ramps.

For the eagle-eyed, yes Jon's
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=10758 Bison> was certainly
an influence.

Comments and criticism are welcome. Smack, non-sequitors and tangential
ramblings are purely optional.

Cheers,

Allister