 Space / 32563
Re: Short Haul Space Freighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:26:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

   Yes, but a creative boxy. Boxyiness isn’t a no-no, but rather it is difficult to get right. A good builder can do it, but most can’t. I for one, can’t. But this shuttle is an excellent example of how it can be done right!

Thanks. This was largely what I was trying to prove to myself with this model.

   Black ain’t so much a no-no either, except that it is difficult to photograph, which calls the builder to be good at photography. Again, something I aint so good at, but you do more than good enough.

O I don’t know. The photography on your Rastarfarian bus is top notch imo.

   Again, I disagree that every new MOC has to use new parts creatively. New part use, and creative part use are always a plus - but not necessary. I think of myself as a decent builder and I never do a lot of new piece usage. Many times, I’d rather just see what I can do with the basic parts.

I’m with you 100% there Lenny. I do like to see new ways to use both old and new part - it’s very inspiring. Some of the builders here never cease to amaze me with the way they put parts in places you’d never expect them to be put, and I like trying that myself. However, sometimes it’s fun to use somewhat more ‘standard’ methods.

   This is an amazing shuttle, and definately tons of fun. My favorite bit is the folding out doors on the side. bravo!

Thanks Lenny. I almost posted a picture of myself with the model ‘Hoffman-style’, but I didn’t want to scare the children. I always thought it was a cool idea though. It’s good to be able to put a face to the name.

Cheers,

Allister