 Space / 32538
Re: Short Haul Space Freighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:05:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, Wayne McCaul wrote:
Holy cow, this is awesome. It's like a superneat playset, complete with crew,
cargo, and loading truck! Visit exotic worlds! Trade cargo!

Thanks. I had the idea, that I still might do, of making a spacified black Trans
Am and turning it into a sci-fi version of Smokey and the Bandit.

The front end sort
of reminds me of the Omega destroyers in Babylon 5.

I'm not a frequent viewer of that show, so I'm not familiar with that ship. Do
you have a link?

Nice smooth sides that
sandwich the rough insides.

I love it! It's actually quite inspirational; I really dig utilitarian designs.

Thanks. This is one of my few models that started from a sketch and a clear idea
of what I wanted it too look like. I guess it pays to plan.

Although your navigational lights (red/green) are reversed. Easy way to
remember:

All the short words are the same: RED/PORT/LEFT
All the long words are the same: GREEN/STARBOARD/RIGHT

I did not know that. Swapping them over now.

Thanks for the comments,

Allister