 Space / 32536
Re: AP-3811 is my entry for the P-38 contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:58:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:
In lugnet.space, Joseph Kazmo wrote:
Hello,

My name is Joseph Kazmo (aka Darkkazmo), I’m an AFOL and also a Lugnet member,
but I haven’t been posting here due to the lack of interest in the Star Wars
theme here over Lugnet..
You might assume that I’m a Star Wars LEGO fan and also a member at FBTB, and
your assumption is totally right, but also I’m originally a Classic Space
advocate, but the loss of my space collection and my increasing multiple Star
Wars LEGO purchases made me more of a Star Wars LEGO customizer.. Well not the
traditional SW customizer that you see around..

Over two months ago, I started posting some alternate Star Wars customs made
entirely out of the official Star Wars LEGO sets, and since these customs are
made from combing two sets or more I call them or I call this project that still
also in progress “Advance Alternatives” just to distinguish them from the
traditional alternate customs that you see out there..

Anyway, Ryan Wood (aka Lights) over FBTB had pointed out several days ago that
Jon Palmer is hosting this P-38 Lightning Space Contest, so I said to my self it
would be cool to make an entry with a custom that also can be part of the
alternate project that I’m currently working on.. So I came up with this custom,
it’s called Luke’s “Armed Pod AP-3811”… you can check it out here:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=77494>

I know it’s a bit radical for that contest, but hey, it still fits the rules
somehow  :b.

Let me know what you think guys..

And if you want to check out the rest of the project that I mentioned above, you
can see it here:

Thanks in advance..

Joseph

Hey Kazmo, nice to see you around .space!

Like a few of the others, I am having a hard time finding the P-38 in your
model. But that doesn't stop it from being as freakin cool as your other
advanced alternatives. While the excessive greebling makes the whole model look
a bit busy, my eyes love poring over candy like this.

Hope to see even more of your original space mocs here in the future. :)

--Ryan W.

Hey Ryan, what's up ? Thanks so much for your comment, but I understand that my
design is not a copycat of any P-38 out there, but it was influenced by it for
sure..
I guess a lot of people don't see the connection because of those twin tails and
that back wing don't really stand out !..(but I also saw some other radical
customs who entered with no problems, including yours ;-))..

But like I said before, I entered the contest simply to have some fun, wining
wasn't my intention at all..
As for my greeblie/busy style, yes it's different, radical or what ever you
wanna call it, but for sure I don't follow any certain trends.. Just to be
somehow unique..

I'll try my best to join in (if my time allows) since Lugnet is  packed with all
those LEGO giants..
It's really an honor for me to share the same board, since I'm big fan of their
awesome work..

Thanks again, and see you around..

Joseph