 Space / 32484
Re: AP-3811 is my entry for the P-38 contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:00:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Joseph.

I'm really glad to see you posting here. I've been admiring your models on
brickshelf for a few weeks now, and didn't know who this myserious 'darkkazmo'
was.

You've got a nice alien/organic look going there unlike anything I've ever seen.
Your models look like one big greebling, but rather than looking overdone, it
seems to give them a life of their own. My hat is off to you.

As for the P38 model - it's a bit hard to see the p38 shape under there from the
photos, but nevertheless, it's pretty cool, and fits in nicely with the rest of
your 'theme'.

Don't be put off by the seeming lack of interest in Star Wars here (although I
don't see it - there's a whole forum devoted to it after all) - we admire cool
models whatever sets the parts came from, and yours are definitely cool.

Y'all come back now, y'hear.

Allister

Thanks for your kind reply Allister, it really means something to read a
feedback of some-sort.. That's what prevented many fellow FBTB members to post
around here..

But honestly, Lugnet was my first LEGO home, but it's intimidating huge size and
the lack of parts that I used to pack scared the hell out of me.. Everybody was
showing of their models with their endless magazines of bricks, specially the
hard to get pieces.. I posted few times but rarely got any feedback, then I said
what's the point of posting around..

Now, since I'm packing few models around, and many to come in the future, I said
I'll give it a try and post.. What I've got to lose ?

Back to the AP-3811, yes I do agree it's a bit radical design for that P-38
contest, but if you take those arms away and look closely at the back side
fenders with that little wiry back wing ! You might see the resemblance.. But I
agree it's a bit tricky... Oh well, I did not enter to win, I just entered to
have some fun and to show my fellow FBTB members (and others) of how things
could be molded together from those sets that they have to make some cool
shapes..

I have a style that I'm trying to show of through my models.. That particular
alternative Project is just one challenging medium for it.. But I have few
projects are still in the planing fazes that I might start to unleash once the
budget and that extra time allow me to do it..

I'm glad that you liked some of my work, and hopefully my models will introduce
me to a larger group of LEGO enthusiasts..

Again, thanks so much for the warm welcome..

Joseph