 Space / 32534
Re: AP-3811 is my entry for the P-38 contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:24:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Joseph Kazmo wrote:

Snip

   Anyway, Ryan Wood (aka Lights) over FBTB had pointed out several days ago that Jon Palmer is hosting this P-38 Lightning Space Contest, so I said to my self it would be cool to make an entry with a custom that also can be part of the alternate project that I’m currently working on.. So I came up with this custom, it’s called Luke’s “Armed Pod AP-3811”… you can check it out here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=77494

I know it’s a bit radical for that contest, but hey, it still fits the rules somehow :b.

Let me know what you think guys..

And if you want to check out the rest of the project that I mentioned above, you can see it here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=72431

Thanks in advance..

Joseph

Welcome (back) to .space, Joseph.

You won’t find me commenting on Star Wars themed creations much here. I can’t speak with much authority about it; I only saw the original movie when it came out, in a theatre back in the mists of time, and I’ve seen most of the one with the chuckwagon race... I mean pod race, on TV. I do like your MOC, though. I see a bio-mechanical/ H.R. Giger-Alien/ Matrix/ Mecha vibe in the design, which moves it beyond my experience of Star Wars. Well done.

The limitations you’ve set for yourself are admirable. (Though not as impressive as if you’d tried to build spaceships using only Harry Potter or Belville ;-) Limitations and challenges are often what drive inspiration.

LOL

As
   for the P-38 connection, while I do see it, it is rather subtle and tenuous, but as Lenny says: if it’s inspired by the P-38, it’s in.

As for whether you get responses or not, I’ve found(1) that there is an audience, which is often entertained/ interested/ amused even if they don’t post. I post when I have something to add, and I have the time. If I could respond to everything I’d like to, it would take all my time. Back in my lurking days I was a voracious reader of posts when I was able. Surely there are others lurking, who are enjoying this stuff. I find a distinct correlation between Lugnet posts and MOC page traffic, for instance.

Perace and bio-mechanics,

Professor Whateverly

(1) From various sources of course.

Ley, thanks a lot for your post, everything you said is simply noted :-) I’m glad that you liked those creations.. And definitely I see your connection between MOCs and “H.R. Giger-Alien” like vibe, but that wasn’t intentional..

Anyway, it’s all LEGO to me,

Thank you much :-D

Joseph