 Space / 32521
Re: AP-3811 is my entry for the P-38 contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 03:41:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:
In lugnet.space, Joseph Kazmo wrote:
My name is Joseph Kazmo (aka Darkkazmo), I’m an AFOL and also a Lugnet
member, but I haven’t been posting here due to the lack of interest in the
Star Wars theme here over Lugnet..

Welcome to .space!

Anyway, Ryan Wood (aka Lights) over FBTB had pointed out several days ago
that Jon Palmer is hosting this P-38 Lightning Space Contest, so I said to
my self it would be cool to make an entry with a custom that also can be
part of the alternate project that I’m currently working on.. So I came up
with this custom, it’s called Luke’s “Armed Pod AP-3811”… you can check it
out here:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=77494>

I know it’s a bit radical for that contest, but hey, it still fits the rules
somehow  :b.

Yes, it seems a little iffy for the contest, but I'm really glad you posted it.
This thing is amazing!  The overall look is great, with all kinds of neat
details.  And your usage of parts is incredible- I look at the list of sets that
went into building it and think "that's all?"  I've got to look into the mini
sets more, because it looks like a very inexpensive way to get lots of cool
detail parts.

And if you want to check out the rest of the project that I mentioned
above, you can see it here:

I wish I had more time right now- a quick skim through here tells me there is
some great stuff that I need to look at more later.

Now... as for the SW aspect, these don't seem to me to have the Star Wars feel
at all to them.  They're very cool, but their look is totally different from the
Star Wars style.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

Thanks a lot for you kind words Tony,
...As for your comment about the vibe of this project being un-Star Warsish,
well, I made these creation according to my own EU story that takes place 13
years after the Battle of Endor..
And when Lucas presented the new Trilogy, the elemnts were too smoothie looking
for the standard Original Trilogy..
So I figured my stuff would go all the way in the other direction.. Being
greeblie and industrious (which is also my favorite building style).. I guess if
you spend sometime looking at that stuff, you might see the Star Warsy vibe in
them..

Again, thanks for you feedback..

Joseph