 Space / 29392
Re: So, what are you guys working on?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 01:23:20 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:

Just an idea... why don’t you try some ideas here? Lugnet.space could use some extra activity and I’m shure many people here would help.

-JHK

Alright, sounds like a plan. The pictures, as per normal, aren’t the greatest, but with a little narration, I’m sure I can get through this. :)

The drop ship

From this angle you can see the thrusters, cockpit, and well, pretty much everything else. Note the UD Tech(tm) Gate Array forward cannons. (That’s right Fradel... UD Tech rules!)

The plan for the ship is to add a rear section to the aft extension plate, leaving an open center section where cargo would be locked into place.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheMatt/UnknownDivision/Temp/im000686.jpg

I’m also thinking that additional thrusters may be necessary, possibly on a rear wing section? Or the rear section is an engine in its entirety? Let me know what you think for this!

I’m also thinking that the craft as a whole might be just a little bit frail looking for a drop ship, but that it might beef up its look once its carrying something. Also, the craft pretty much needs to be partially dismantled for the pilot to get in and out, which would be problematic in the real world, but not so much so for Murray, our intrepid UD Tech Test Pilot.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheMatt/UnknownDivision/Temp/im000684.jpg

Anyway, I hope this will spark some interest and discussion, despite the presence of the phenomenally built “Beagle”. (Btw, AMAZING piece of brick you’ve got there, Paul. I wish my stuff was as clean and well-thought out as yours, but I lack the brick for it. Keep up the amazing work.)

Captain Krotzer, The Unknown Division