 Space / 27497
Re: New MOC: "Avenger" Next-Generation Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 05:08:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Zac Soden wrote: -snip-

Hey Mladen!

Hey Zac!

Okey Dokey first things first - this ship is absolutely beautiful. You have really captured the lines of an industrial like military vessel and your unique design style shows right through. As with JHK, I think that the radar dish is one of the design highlights - it is just soo cool! But the engines are also unique and provide an interesting aspect of the MOC. Also, I think that the guns look great - they add to the militaristic utilitarian feel.

Wow! Thanks, glad you liked so much of it.

But contrary to what some have said, was quite disappointed with the interior. If you look at all examples of interior spaces of vessels today (ships, submarines, etc) you will notice that every bit of space is utilised. And especially on a ship like that, I would imagine most of the systems to be easily accessible on the inside. Your interior just seemed sparse - the seats and beds and stuff were great but I felt that it needed more technical systems. And I also think that interior floors need to be tiled to look the best.

Ah, I get what you’re saying.

Yeah, I’ve often had the urge to put a lot of techy stuff into my work, like engineering sections, accessible weapons bays, medical areas, and so on. However, I often end up going with a cleaner, yes... sparse if you want to call it, look because I want to maintain a certain colour scheme or design continuity. For example, I couldn’t really add piping, monitors, etc., inside the ship because I simply don’t have those parts in blue or tan.

As for the lack of tiled floors, well, I believe that’s just overkill. Also, minifigs can’t be rigidly secured to them, so I feel functionality is sacrificed. That’s just my opinion though.

Anyways, great work! It’s good to see you getting back in touch with your SPACE side.

Thanks again! You brought up some issues that I enjoyed discussing.

Keep on building!

Of course!

Zac Soden

Mladen Pejic