 Space / 27450
Re: New MOC: "Avenger" Next-Generation Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:48:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Fred Trayers wrote: -snip-

Dude-

d00d!!!

Excellent work! I like the recent trend of MOC’s that are designed with neat, smooth lines, and greeblies that accent the creation rather than dominate it.

Thanks Fred.

This MOC is very well done. I love the attention given to the real-world necessities in the living quarters. Great! There’s some nice use of parts, too: I like the glass displays of the gunners, and really like the simple elegance of the the ladder made of the 1x2 plates with handles, with the fold-down grille to access the airlock

I tried not to go overboard on the details, but also to not make the model completely bare. I think the balance overall is alright. :-)

I’ll agree with the other comments about the weaponry. I think it’s just a matter of scale. The long barrels of the guns make the ship look a little like a bug. I also don’t buy that with 6 engines that the ship only moves at a “reasonable” speed, and has “very good fuel economy.” I’d think that you’d either move wicked fast or get terrible fuel economy if you strap 6 of ‘em on that thing. I say upgrade the engines, and have it move like a solar wind, and who cares about fuel economy! :-)

Yeah, the guns are a bit out of place. But I think the engines are of a sufficient size for this model. Anything bigger would be overkill, IMO. However, I do think you make a valid point about wanting something incredibly fast. Maybe in my next model (if there is one) I’ll make the engines look more formidable.

Overall, an outstanding MOC. Great job!!!

Thanks again.

Live it up, -sb

Mladen Pejic