 Space / 26744
Re: Minifig Scales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:39:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler wrote:

   LOL, I thought the same thing when I saw that episode. There they are walking through walls but yet they are standing perfectly fine on the floors. It amuses me.

Nuts to that! How the heck did they breathe? Presumably the out-of-phase air would go right through them.

You’re not being imaginative enough. Do such phenomena have to work in an overly simplistic way?

I don’t really like the “it’s only a movie” excuse because it lets the writers off the hook too easily. A better phrasing might be “because it advances the plot more effectively,” but even that excuse invites all kinds of inconsistencies.

And forces the viewer to use their imagination... perish the thought!

I prefer the explanation, “it’s sci-fi and we don’t have the time or inclination to fully explain here how it works when it’s all highly speculative anyway”. What a shame that some people don’t make the cerebral effort to try and explain to themselves how it might work, and instead just dismiss what is often good entertainment.

I think you guys are looking for the non-fiction section of the video store... ;-)

Cheers,