 Space / 26725
Re: Minifig Scales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:14:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dan Mattia wrote:
   In lugnet.space, James Wilson wrote:

-snip-

   Oh, yeah, and in that Star Trek TNJ episode where a couple of crew members got “out of phase” with their universe, how could they still stand on the decks of the ship, when they could pass through other objects?

Oh, yeah, as I’m always telling my kids, “IT’S A MOVIE (or TV)!!!!!”

   LOL, I thought the same thing when I saw that episode. There they are walking through walls but yet they are standing perfectly fine on the floors. It amuses me.

Nuts to that! How the heck did they breathe? Presumably the out-of-phase air would go right through them.

I don’t really like the “it’s only a movie” excuse because it lets the writers off the hook too easily. A better phrasing might be “because it advances the plot more effectively,” but even that excuse invites all kinds of inconsistencies.

Dave!