 Space / 26729
Re: Minifig Scales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:17:36 GMT

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message
news:HIu7zD.1wy9@lugnet.com...
I don't have any hard numbers, but the beam of an ISD isn't quite 2/3 the
length.  It is a lot wider than I'd originally thought, but it's closer to • a
28:45 ratio, as can be seen
<http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/chron/isdventral1.jpg here>.

Hm, yeah, you're right.  It's a little over half the length.

A minifig scale Star Destroyer would be about 121 feet long and 60.5 feet
wide and cover 3360 sq. ft.
Only covers the space of three small houses, but that's still pretty big for
a minifig scale space ship!

The 5 mile long SSD is a mistake.  In TESB, there is at least
<http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/cards/wide/fleet.jpg one scene> where • you can
clearly see the tower of an ISD passing before the bulk of the SSD (which • means
the SSD would actually appear smaller than 1:1 compared to that ISD), and • the
SSD is clearly more than 5x as long as the SSD.  TheForce.Net has a
<http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ssd.html#ratio page> explaining how they • came to
the conclusion that the Executor is actually 11 miles long (part of it • includes
the fact that this would make the control tower on the SSD the same size • as the
identically shaped control tower on an ISD).  They also give a plausible • idea on
how the 5 mile fallacy came about.

Well, I guess the Eclipse cauculations can apply for the SSD's too, at
least.  I kinda whish Lucas specified the dimentions before everyone started
making books and games.

--
Markham Carroll

BoogaTech Ships & Construction: