 Space / 26738
Re: Minifig Scales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:31:29 GMT

In lugnet.space, Markham Carroll wrote:
A minifig scale Star Destroyer would be about 121 feet long and 60.5 feet
wide and cover 3360 sq. ft.  Only covers the space of three small houses,
but that's still pretty big for a minifig scale space ship!

     Yeah, I don't think it would fit in my apartment very well...

Well, I guess the Eclipse cauculations can apply for the SSD's too, at
least.  I kinda whish Lucas specified the dimentions before everyone started
making books and games.

     I doubt he even cares.  He's got people for that.  Besides, WEG is infamous
for making up goofy stuff about the tiniest details that they were able to glean
from the movies.  Most of the character names for the Cantina and Jabba's Palace
aliens were made up for their RPG sourcebooks, since the people at Lucasfilm
rarely came up with anything more personable than Hammerhead, Squidhead, and
Walrusman.  Remember, to the people making the movies, the background characters
were meant to be nothing more than ambiance, and the technical specs on the
ships were only important to the point of making sure two models could pass as
identical on screen, even if they weren't.