 Space / 2617
Re: Armstrong Space Project Charter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:53:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
In lugnet.space, Tom McDonald writes:
         I'M BACK!
Accually my first idea was to build the heart- the command center but come to
think about it i like the idea to have every one build it but that would be
kind of hard. I have a cool idea for the command center so i'll try to make a
rough DAT or may be a sketch. I dunno.

Cool. Show it to us when you get time.

A couple of ideas I've been thinking about for the Command Center Module..

1) Everyone builds what they think they're department's command station should
look like, from simple to funky, and somehow we just make it fit into the
room.

2) One other idea is that if we make the Command Center diameter big enough,
we could build it into a room with an octagonal floor, thereby having eight
sides, so we could possibly get up to eight modules directly connected to it
(in case we need to expand). There was originally an idea to make a corridor
completely around the station too, so that might give us a rough estimate of
how big the room should be, and the circumference of the Command module
itself. Also the room could be multilevel if needed.

LMKWYT

I am availible for most all sections. I don't really care which i get.

Okay Kyle.. I'll delete the ?? next to your name on both entries on the page.
In previous posts, you've indicated which modules you want. If for any reason
you can't or don't want to do both, LMK ASAP so I can update the page and we
can recruit another designer.

On an ending note here, a question for Randy: Can I slurp the modules' DAT
files from cad.dat.models and post them on the Armstrong Page? I would make
them downloadable from there. I would also render the DATs and post their pix
on the page, so I can give more angles than just the current two.

-Tom McD.