 Space / 1960
Re: More previews from BCS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:30:22 GMT

actually, the main reason I had to make it modular is because of the
center "neck" section.  With two huge bulky ends attached to it, I'm sure • it
would break if I tried to lift it.  This is the reason my next ship will • be
more solid.  The Elegance was designed to be more of a passenger cruise • ship
that would take civilians from earth to the outer planets and back.  The
modular doors on the neck were added as a way to allow different companies • to
dock goods and services modules to the ship while it travels.  Or perhaps • a
science crew could buy space on the ship and attach their own little lab • to
work in, and then detach it when they reach the area they want to study, • etc...
The next ship I make is going to be a military ship, so it will have a • much
less "sleek, commercial" look.

Cool, can't wait.

I remember seeing your page when you posted it, particularily because it • was
the one that convinced me it would be fun to create a fake company webpage • for
my MOCs.  How long before we can see the ship?  After hearing about the
construction style, I am curious to see it.

That'll happen when I find out a good way to get pictures of it onto my
computer...I'm too lazy to find a normal camera, take pictures, develop
them, etc.  Maybe when I get a digital one.