 Space / 1959
Re: More previews from BCS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 03:31:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Tom McDonald writes:
Sweet.. all of it.

The capital ship has a nice "aircraft carrier" appeal to it. Can't wait for
inside pix *drool*  Maybe you could light up the back engines and have some
transparent pieces give a good color to the emitted light.

I have been thinking of ways to use motors and lights in it, since it
certainly has enough room to fit that sort of thing, and even perhaps
intalling my explorer scout brick in it, but unfortunately I haven't thought
of a proper use yet.
I would love to light up the engines, but I only have one of those 8
wire "fiber-optic" things, and it wouldn't work too well.  I would also have
to pop holes in part of the zeppelins, as their only openings are going to be
the engine exausts, and I am strongly against altering Lego in that manner.
(I am sort of a purist in my manner of building; only Lego parts, no painting,
no altering or gluing)

And, you haven't underestimated the power of yellow :) Good going! A lot of
space folks say "enh.." when I bring it up. If you reversed the colors of the
mech, it could almost be Blacktron I.

well, this design was actually *inspired* by yellow parts, if you can believe
it.  I just got some old Lego in a trade recently, and in it was the old end
parts from the original dump trucks; the trapezoid shapes.  One of my friends
had these parts when I was a kid, but I didn't, so when I got some for myself,
I immediately thought they would be cool in a mech somehow.  And when I added
the similar door parts from the new arctic base kit, I knew it would be fun to
work these shapes in.

I had no idea there was any kind of color predjudice (excuse the pun) in space
Lego people, I have found that most of the pages I go to have a good variety
of color usage, with perhaps a slant to grey, black, and white, but that's a
good way to model metal surfaces.

cheers!
Joel K