 Space / 1947
Re: More previews from BCS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:04:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:

      YES! The Elegance looks awesome.

thanks  :)

It has a nice clean look to it
IMO. How long have you been building it?

well, the actual construction of the hull was done modular style so it is
still portable (If I kept it in the living room all the time my roommate would
probably start to dislike me)

Before I started building, I did sketches and designs and little mockups to
plan out the ship... that was about 4 or 5 days.

The front 3rd is the holding bay (the black section with the 23 on it)
and that took roughly 3 days of building and then I decided to make some
changes to it, and that was another day.

The middle 3rd is the docking section.  All those blue plates are actually
doors that will eventually accept commercial and public entertainment modules.
that took 2 days to build.

The rear section is the guts of the ship, the crew quarters and the command
section (the white block on top of the blue section) and I worked on those
parts on and off slowly for about 2 weeks.

The front engines took 2 days to build.  The rear engines may get started
tonight.

How big is it? Is it Mini or Micro fig scale?

I made it in Minifig scale.  I used to make micro fig scale ships, but that
was before I had enough Lego  :)
(like there is such a thing as "enough" Lego)

WOW. You used the big blimp
containers for the engines. Gaaaaaa that is so cool. That mech also
looks cool hanging out around it. The ship has a great color scheme.

Yep, the blimps will eventually be the exaust port of the engines.  I just
stuck them back there for the pictures so it wouldn't look like the back end
hadn't been bitten off.  My favorite picture is the first one with the Mech on
the hull.  The mech is pretty big for Minifig scale, but I wanted to show the
size of the Elegance by comparison.

You have got to give us some more details!!! Like how big is it in
your lego world? How many feet/ meters long and stuff.

hmmm... I am going to have save the fiction details until my page is up, I
haven't written anything yet.
But I can tell you the ship is about 7 1/2 feet long (around 350 studs long)

      I love the guns and engines on yours. I STILL haven't built
guns and  engines on Bardiel. Gaaaaa. I like the "23" on the side of
the ship. My ship and your ship have gotta meet.

do you have pictures?  I was inspired to build a capital ship after seeing
some of the big ships done here.
I think it would be cool to get a few of the big ships together in one place!
How amazing it would be to dock them up and stuff  :)

     God I love big ships.
     Must.. build....

exactly!

Cheers!