 Space / 17254
Re: Moonbase and monorail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 03:31:52 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Wegmuller writes:
Hi,
I've been wondering if a monorail could be integrated within a moonbase
without interfering with the corridors.

I built a moonbase module skeleton and the 6990 monorail to check fit at
ground level.  The red battery light had to be removed and a blue light had
to be removed from the top of the engine see
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6990/6990-11.jpg.  With these
modifications the monorail with the track sits just a hair under the floor
height.
This means that there can be no bricks under floor height if the monorail is
placed along the edges of the modules.  Look at picture number three on
http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/start/ "moonbase connecting corridor"
it would have to be modified to not have the two inverted slopes and 4 stud
long brick as these are taking up space under the floor.
The monorail fits between the connecting corridors configuration shown on
the sixth picture on page http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/start/

MLcad files
you will need the unofficial files from the ldraw site to load these files

Patty
lugnet member 1241