 Space / 16380
Re: Moonbase and monorail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:05:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
"David Wegmuller" <david@wegmuller.org> wrote in message
news:H0sHMM.Eur@lugnet.com... • <snip>

The track could also be built a couple of bricks lower than the corridor
floor so that the floor of the trains would be level with the corridors...
A third possibility would be to build the monorail at 20 bricks, so it • would
clear most existing buildings. The trackwould be lowered to 10 bricks to • go
though a station...

Ok this rocks.  I say the first thing we do is make the decisions regarding
the track height.  10 brick height souns great to me but so do the other
ideas.  I obviously don't own any monorail (this might change in the future
:-) so I definitely feel I'm not the best one to make this decision.  I'll
just put in a vote for the 10 brick height.

Now what do others think?

Well, I think that I have no monorail. Everything here sounds fine though.

The only thing that I could ask for is that there be a provision for those
of us who are monorail-less. I'm not against using standard train track,
even though it's not quite as cool. I haven't seen any MOCs yet, but I'm
sure that we could build futuristic trains using the standard track.
Elevation changes would be out, but I'm sure that there are quite a few
ready made standards that we could snag from the .Trains group.

You can design your Moonbase with monorail in mind, and if you are planning
on coming to the NWBrickCon there will be enough monorail where it can be
added to your Moonbase design. It's a way for you to create a cool
Moonbase/monorail system without owning any monorail. (note: you'll have to
leave the monorail in Seattle when you are done ;)

-mark