 Space / 16545
Re: Moonbase and monorail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 07:24:21 GMT

<snip>
Ok this rocks.  I say the first thing we do is make the decisions regarding
the track height.  10 brick height souns great to me but so do the other
ideas.  I obviously don't own any monorail (this might change in the future
:-) so I definitely feel I'm not the best one to make this decision.  I'll
just put in a vote for the 10 brick height.

Now what do others think?

my 2 cents:

1) use 'train' track only at ground level and ONLY for hauling
moon rocks and other such debris, i.e. its TRAIN track and
should stay the h*** out of .space

2) use monorails for everything 'up high'.  Use a std of 10
in 'stations' and have a little staging area like subways do
that is higher than the 'corridor' and makes it ez to step
onto the monorail.  np.  if there are more 10 high supports
or 20 high supports, use whichever has more available as the
standard (check bricklink, etc)

3) propose a standard, have a gathering, try it out, take
pictures and report back to .space.  We can hash it out after
that.

:-D

-paul