 Space / 11664
Re: Group Building Experiment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 06:12:18 GMT

"benjamin white" <benjamin@kawaiinet.com> wrote in message
news:Gn31Av.G9I@lugnet.com...
I'm having quite a bit of fun with this too. Even if I cannot hope to • build
it for real (I realized that I didn't even have the correct size plate for
the first step free). Is anyone keeping up with the construction in a real
life model or has it moved firmly to CAD by now?

Cool that you're still enjoying it.  I for one have it built and its sitting
right next to me.  I'm sure others are building it in real life as well.  As
far as what direction it's going: CAD or Real Life,  I like the idea of
both.  It would be great to compare all the real life models in the end
(whenever that will be) to see how they are different-- That would be a cool
way to wrap it up.  I also really like the idea of the model existing in Dat
form.  Fun either way if you ask me.

I just called everything group build because that was the name of the
original news post... I'm not exactly married to it.

Well it is a group building activity so that makes sense.  But I also
believe its kind of like a relay in that the model is passed on from builder
to builder.  I also think Relay Build sounds a little catchier.  Granted,
this could just be me.  It might sound pretty goofy to others. : )

Are there to be any rules about creating multiple future steps? Will there
be a cycle of contributors?

Part of me likes the idea of an organized list of builders but another part
of me just thinks it should sorta randomly flow from one builder to
another..  As far as builders contributing multiple steps --- Sounds ok by
me.  I mean I don't think anyone is going to monopolize it or anything.
Regardless, I think this first run should just get picked up by who ever
wants to add something.  If this works out I say we just do the same later.

We'll see.  I think its a success so far though!

-Jon