 Space / *21292 (-20)
  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) <snipped> Very well said on everything, Joel! :) I would add that we should not equate "honesty" solely with serious or critical remarks that border on being terse and inflammatory. I'm sensing an attitude shift in this group toward (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) I personally use the 1 stud = 1 foot scale (or 3 studs = 1 meter). Sure, it means that my minifigs (even the female ones) are built like linebackers, but it's easy to convert. And I think that is the reason why so many people use it, if they (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  MOC: Killer Whale

Hey guys and gals, Here's my latest: (URL) apologize for the quality of the pictures, again, again... I know they're really bad. I'm pleased with the shape. The layers and angles yield a somewhat illusive form. Ex... Scrawny? (URL) Beefcake? (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) This has been brought up before. There are those who like to see many responses to their posts, and there are those who prefer quality responses over quantity. Likewise, there are those who prefer criticism and those who just want approval. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Hi Dan, I have browsed through your amazing creations on Brickshelf. Again this is a very nice ship. Have you ever concidered creating your "smaller" models in LDraw? That would be great! Jaco "Daniel Jassim" <danieljassim@hotmail.com> schreef in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Feedback thoughts

(...) (I have changed the subject line because my post has nothing to do with Dan) I'd hate to see a feedback regression now. Besides, if someone doesn't care what anyone thinks about their work, why the heck are they even bothering to post (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thank you, Matt. I'm humbled to be able to inspire and I encourage you to build, build, build! :) (...) I agree. Like many of the .space posters here, I feel good when I'm able to make something that sparks the creative fire in others. It's a (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thanks, Mladen! (...) Thanks again. I try my best because I've drawn so much inspiration and simple enjoyment from the work of fellow LUGNETers, spaceheads especially. (...) I see what you mean. For the most part, my intent was to use tan as a (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) mock-up. I'm gueesing from the consistent lighting it's the former. (...) Some of my favourite ships. I really like the way you use the quater saucer sections. The abundance of them in my collection is almost entirely down to you, you know. :) (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thank you, Paul. (...) No, it's just for looks right now. Actually, I'm considering making retractable gear but I have to get more parts to redesign the underside. The only reservation I have is that, if I were to focus more on realism, I (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) Hehe. And most houses released by Lego scale to about the size of my bathroom. I think we all realise that LEGO takes certain liberties with accuracy in the name of playablilty and piece count, and that's ok. I was talking, as was Jon at the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Oh, do I wish that too man! But sadly I don't have THAT much Lego. The closest I've ever came to something of a group photo is this... (URL)Man, that'd just make me fall off my chair. Heh! Well, I do have a number of other models still (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) I'm honored. Thank you very much! (...) Sure, I'll try to get a head-on shot of this model. I should've taken one to begin with but I wasn't thinking. The underside isn't complete yet. I intend to make it fully detailed and with few surprises (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) So do you keep your ships built up? How many of those big honkin' ships do you have assembled at any one time? Any chance of a group photo? Man, that'd just make me fall off my chair. (I realise the N.A. isn't a big 'un, but it did get me (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) I hope you didn't take me to mean I was dismissing your logic, I was simply stating what most people (or so I assume) go by. Of course upon further thinking I realized someing. Most Lego cars are 4 studs wide just like the doors. That really (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Heh! (...) Thanks! Well, no fighters this time but you've given me an idea... Fighter drones. I haven't fleshed out the underside yet but maybe I'll create a couple of unmanned fighters that attach to the underside. (...) The big opening in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  MOC: Vor'cha Class Attack Cruiser

Hello people, You can find pictures and instructions for my latest custom, a Klingon Vor'cha class attack cruiser, here: (URL) is to the same scale as the Galaxy class explorer that's also on my site. I actually built it at the same time as the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space) !

  Re: Dragonstar!

"Matt Krotzer" <thematt@comcast.net> wrote in message news:HAA85M.Dnr@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) work. Ok I need to respond to this. Ever since my criticism there have been a few posts which I feel have been directly related to me, but you've (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Dude, you GOTTA show me how you made those gun turrets! Email me some pics at least. I was toying around with a 3 barreled turret (Yamato style) but it seemed too wide on this model. (...) Thanks. That's the idea :) Dan (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) But the gist of my previous post is that if you translate that vertical measurement into the horizontal it's not quite right. For best accuracy, one must use and exxagerated scale (ie. vertical scale is different to horizontal scale) Besides, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact